Forum Jump:

Picked to be #3 in Final AP, ahead of Texas #4 and FSU #5 and Bama #6 .....
Behind Michigan and Washington. Ahead of all the rest.

247 Prediction

6 SEC teams and 2 future SEC teams all in top 20. Georgia ahead of all of em.
[Image: iOvLDN1.jpg?1] [Image: 1VWtPlw.jpg?1] [Image: CK0zHIu.jpg] [Image: yTj6tPw.jpg?1] [Image: Nhc7kqD.jpg?1] [Image: J3gH23f.jpg?1] 
[Image: XL6hRLC.jpg?1] [Image: 5sF0KCy.jpg] [Image: Krtkq7L.jpg?2] [Image: zhgbCrH.jpg?1]
(01-08-2024, 02:22 AM)Replying to Top Row Dawg

That would make sense, interesting they are predicting Bama back at 6. Doesn't mean much at this point...but interesting
Sounds about right to me. Right ON!!!!!
Cool!
YAY!!! Can we get big foam hand things holding up three fingers?

[Image: three-fingers-foam-hand-cheering-color-a...jpg?w=2000]
(01-08-2024, 07:00 AM)Replying to Milldawg

That would make sense, interesting they are predicting Bama back at 6. Doesn't mean much at this point...but interesting
[/quote]

yes, it seems like you have to see what the result of this game is before ranking the next four.  I mean suppose Michigan beats Washington by two touchdowns.  How does Alabama drop to 6 after losing to the national champion in overtime?  that would be crazy.  But it would make sense of Washington beat Michigan by two touchdowns.  

I can actually see a justification for ranking both UGA and FSU above Texas and Alabama if the game tonight is competitive throughout.  I mean, its fair to rank two loss teams behind one loss teams, that's the way it generally works as you move down the poll.
(01-08-2024, 09:00 AM)Replying to Concourse E

[/quote]

yes, it seems like you have to see what the result of this game is before ranking the next four.  I mean suppose Michigan beats Washington by two touchdowns.  How does Alabama drop to 6 after losing to the national champion in overtime?  that would be crazy.  But it would make sense of Washington beat Michigan by two touchdowns.  

I can actually see a justification for ranking both UGA and FSU above Texas and Alabama if the game tonight is competitive throughout.  I mean, its fair to rank two loss teams behind one loss teams, that's the way it generally works as you move down the poll.
[/quote]

I guess theoretically you would expect the four teams in the playoff to be in the 1-4 spots since they did make the playoff and the next best team to be #5.  If I'm using logic, I'd have to say a one loss conference champ would be above a one loss non champion so Georgia would be at #6 if the ranking was logical.  We all know there is no logic in ranking outside of 1 and 2 though.
(01-08-2024, 02:22 AM)Replying to Top Row Dawg

[Image: florida-gators.gif]
I'd rather be in the top 5 than not.