Forum Jump:

Saw where Redskins and Falcons have contacted Kirby (not sure if true, YEt)....
As a Dawgs fan I really hope he doesn't go to the NFL.
Asa Falcons fan, I hope they don't get him.  Kirby's intense style and controlling of everything will not work with NFL players. Not saying he would be the worst nfl coach, but I don't see him doing good things.
Kirby would have to take about a 50% pay cut to go to the Falcons if he made what Smith was making.
(01-08-2024, 01:45 PM)Replying to Tybee Dawg

Only NFL coach that makes more than Kirby is Sean Peyton
Probably asking permission to speak to Bobo
Kirby has been contacted by WAY better franchises than the Falcons. In fact, I'd say WAY better than Washington too. I don't think he wants the NFL gig...yet, anyway.
(01-08-2024, 01:52 PM)Replying to Tomato Sandwich

[Image: 1f6pas.jpg]
(01-08-2024, 02:04 PM)Replying to JC-DAWG83

Big Grin
[/quote]
(01-08-2024, 02:04 PM)Replying to JC-DAWG83

[/quote]

Coons get Bellychick or Monken
Bobo to Carolina
Hardball the SD
Sark to NE
Kirby's not taking one of those jobs right now..he's worked too hard to build UGA to where they are now. Nicky can probably give some good advice about the NFL too...it's not like Bama/Uga..you can't stack your roster with superior talent everywhere.

That said, I don't think it hurts Kirby's feelings at all to be mentioned, rumors or not. I would think it would help on the recruiting trail.
(01-08-2024, 02:27 PM)Replying to McDonoughDawg

How would it help on the recruiting trail?  everyone knows how good a coach/developer he is.  All it will do is give other teams ammo to say that Kirby is flirting with the NFL and is ready to jump.  "He won't be around by the time you leave"
[Image: ABLVV863V9WFg8RK4p1_hEqFPtGo9IsoEH_NHJgU...authuser=0]
Zero chance Kirby EVER goes to the NFL
(01-08-2024, 02:58 PM)Replying to DawgWood

How would it help on the recruiting trail?  everyone knows how good a coach/developer he is.  All it will do is give other teams ammo to say that Kirby is flirting with the NFL and is ready to jump.  "He won't be around by the time you leave"
[/quote]

I agree.  I do like what Saban asked a recruit who asked him if he could guarantee he'd be there in four years, "can you guarantee you'll be here in four years?".

Kirby isn't going to the NFL ever.  Here are a few reasons why not (IMVHO):

1) he makes more than he would in the NFL
2) his system relies on tons of talent that competes, you can't really do that with 45 roster slots
3) his strength is as a recruiter
4) His mentor did it and told him it completely sucked (CKS was with him then too, so he saw it live).

The only draw the NFL might have to him is the reduced work hours.  From end of season to start of training camp, you'd really have a lot less to do.
(01-08-2024, 03:29 PM)Replying to Concourse E

Kirby isn't going to the NFL ever.  Here are a few reasons why not (IMVHO):

1) he makes more than he would in the NFL
2) his system relies on tons of talent that competes, you can't really do that with 45 roster slots
3) his strength is as a recruiter
4) His mentor did it and told him it completely sucked (CKS was with him then too, so he saw it live).

The only draw the NFL might have to him is the reduced work hours.  From end of season to start of training camp, you'd really have a lot less to do.
[/quote]
I agree with all of that.

Kirby was at Miami with Saban. He knows what it's like and I doubt he wants any part of it.
i find it hard to believe that most knowledgeable Dawg fans give more than half a thought to CKS going to the NFL.

His strength is recruiting. Its is super power. He is good at other facets of the game, but recruiting HS kids to come to the G is what makes CKS one of the best coaches in all of football.

(01-08-2024, 04:58 PM)Replying to musiccitydawg

Kirby was at Miami with Saban. He knows what it's like and I doubt he wants any part of it.
[/quote]

I am sure he would want part of it - its a much much easier job.

It aint him tho.
Two words, just two simple words. Not True!!