Forum Jump:

End of the world checklist item #4, now complete. Generac installed
but daaaaaaaaaaaaamn was it expensive. Cost of the unit was nothing compared to the install. Drilling holes in my brick, junction boxes, 4 connections to I don't know what. I literally could not believe what all that was involved and how long it took and did I mention how much it cost. Undecided

Might have gone with two of the Gaol Zero generators if I had known what I was getting into. I have a small one I use for camping and it works flawlessly, battery always stays above 80 when plugged into a solar panel.
(Yesterday, 01:39 PM)Replying to 690 S Lumpkin

fuck all that, just end your world today and quit fucking up yer kid's inheritance .
(Yesterday, 01:39 PM)Replying to 690 S Lumpkin

My brother has one and it has been a lifesaver since he's been in SoFla for the past 25 years.
(Yesterday, 03:16 PM)Replying to FeralDawg

My brother has one and it has been a lifesaver since he's been in SoFla for the past 25 years.
[/quote]

i almost want power to be lost lol so I can test it out. Which they did (cut me power) but not a real scenario. This thing would be awesome for folks on cpap machines, etc
If I can't live without power I would just as soon be done. Got enough food, water and lead for years. Come get some.
(Yesterday, 03:55 PM)Replying to Creed

some yer not a pussy that's needs a powered camp site?
Generac is nice until the 500 gallon underground propane tank runs empty and you can’t get another delivery.

IOW, great for short term outage of a week or so. Not so good for a long term emergency. Solar would be better for long term, if you have enough battery storage.
(Yesterday, 04:00 PM)Replying to Rogasingingdawg
Can't they use natural gas?
(Yesterday, 04:35 PM)Replying to Tomato Sandwich
Can't they use natural gas?
[/quote]

Yes, mine runs on natural gas.
(Yesterday, 04:00 PM)Replying to Rogasingingdawg

I have a 16KW duel fuel (gas and propane) generator that powers everything I need, including AC. I installed a soft start kit on my AC and it works great. Of course, I lock out the main breaker and just turn on the breakers I need power to. I can go about 2 weeks with it if needed.
I have the big pack of AA batteries from Costco..
Cool